Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Welcome to Ponder + Putter!

I have long wanted to start a blog to share my ideas and thoughts about a variety of topics.  I am not sure why it has taken so long, except that I am somewhat of a perfectionist and well, the time was never perfect.  It still isn't, but finally, I started typing.  So in this space, I will share my ideas on both personal and professional topics.

Professionally, I have been an educator for over twenty-five years, and I have seen things come and go and come again in the education world.  I have been a central office administrator for over 10 years, and in that time, I have found limited resources to support the work of district level personnel.  Often, we have to create from scratch.  I plan to share some of the things that I have created or found over the years that have helped my work as a district-level administrator.  I think the topics that I will share here will appeal to teachers and administrators, but I hope that my education-related posts will be helpful to non-educators, too, especially parents with children in public schools.

At home, I am basically a putterer who reads. I love reading, and my world feels out of kilter when I am between books.  Fiction is my favorite (escapism, anyone?), but recently, I have found myself reading some non-fiction titles that I have enjoyed.  Keep checking in to see what's new on my book list.  I must also admit that I have a magazine addiction, but I am working diligently to bring that under control!

I putter in a lot of areas.  I dabble in making jewelry and paper crafts.  Years ago, some of my teacher friends and I started a stamping and card-making group.  Although I do not make cards as often now, I still enjoy designing new ones.

Currently, I am working on putting together a 'New Log Cabin' quilt.  I will share more on this endeavor in the coming weeks.

I especially love to dig in the dirt.  My husband bought me a small greenhouse last year, and I love puttering in it.  I love my flower gardens and vegetable beds.  I am so happy that the days are lengthening and warming up again.  I tend to spend as much of my free time as possible outdoors.

Because healthy living is important to me, I enjoy fitness activities and cooking.  Admittedly, I do not always cook healthy meals.  How can I when I grew up in the rural South?  But I do try to make meals more healthy, and I guess I believe that most of the time, a home-cooked meal has to be better for you - and tastier- than fast food.

These are some of the topics that you can expect to read about here, so please check in with me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment